Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark ABI stability 1.6.4 -> 1.6.5

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:59:44 -0800

On 1/10/12 10:53 AM, Balint Reczey wrote:
I meant the proper change in the library version would be bumping the
major version for the #define change since the ABI is not backward
compatible.
There would be an alternate way, redefining the constants in the C file
in the backported fix.
This way we could keep the API unchanged and fix the bug for stock
Wireshark.

Unfortunately I'm well into the release checklist for 1.6.5 (and
1.4.11). It might be a good idea to add a Buildbot step which checks for
ABI differences.