Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark ABI stability 1.6.4 -> 1.6.5

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:44:33 -0800

On Jan 12, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Gerald Combs wrote:

Is ACC available for Windows or OS X? I'd rather keep make-version.pl
cross-platform if possible.

This:

        http://forge.ispras.ru/projects/abi-compliance-checker/repository/entry/trunk/INSTALL.txt

seems to suggest that the latest version, 1.9.1, does support Windows and Mac OS X.  They also mention Linux and
FreeBSD; my guess is that it could work on all ELF-based systems that use the GNU toolchain.  It might also work on
ELF-based systems that don't, e.g. Solaris, if you install GNU binutils.

BTW, what version of ACC do you have installed? All of my Ubuntu
machines have 1.6 which seems to support a completely different set of
options than the ones in the "dumpabi" makefile target. The home page at
http://ispras.linux-foundation.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker has
been down since September.

OK, so maybe you just ignore that site and look at the forge.ispras.ru site:

        http://forge.ispras.ru/projects/abi-compliance-checker

instead.