Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 40644: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-pgm.c

From: Tony Trinh <tony19 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:26:08 -0500

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Maynard, Chris <
Christopher.Maynard () gtech com> wrote:

Now it displays as follows for me:
????? ????????          <DXDragon [AT] yandex.ru>

In Windows 7, I can copy paste *Роман Донченко* into plain-old Notepad,
and it shows correctly to my surprise. Interestingly, if I copy that into
Notepad++, I see a bunch of question marks as you do. It turns out my text
encoding was set to ANSI (*Settings > Preferences > New Document/Default
Directory > Encoding > ANSI*). If I change that to UTF-8 and paste the text
into a new document in Notepad++, I see the proper text. Maybe the editor
you're using needs to be set to UTF-8.