Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: GSoC 2013 Project Proposal for Root permissions in wireshark

From: Surbhi Jain <jainsurbhi024 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:11:19 +0545

Would it mean that end user can also capture traffic which won't belong to
him or if he is not the owner of the packet? Security has no concern for
capturing packets?

Root permissions are therefore OS dependent? Am I right?
Or are we supposed to edit the dumpcap file.

Surbhi Jain
3rd year , Computer Science Engineering
University School of  Information & Communication Technology
Contact Email ID - surbhijain1 () acm org