Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Status Cmake Win32 support

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 09:45:47 +0100

On 12 October 2013 23:22, Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de> wrote:

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 07:58:45PM +0100, Graham Bloice wrote:

- Are there other platforms that would benefit from something similar
  what I did with the setenv.bat script?

The setenv.bat (I hope that is the file you're referring to) doesn't work
with a MSVC2010 solution, as the paths to the libraries directory is
wrong,
it has ...\builddir\lib, it should be ...\builddir\Debug\lib, and the bin
directory is wrong, it has \msvc2010\bin, it should be
...\builddir\Debug\bin.  note that the Debug portion of these paths will
vary depending on the type of build done, Debug is the default, there are
also; MinSizeRel, Release and RelWithDebInfo.  I think there will be a
CMake variable for that somewhere.

My whole setup has only been tested with '-G "NMake Makefiles"' in that
environment it's using \lib and \bin directly. I'd be interested to know
where that \Debug in the path comes from. cmake has something that I have
not used so far, which is called CONFIGURATIONS. But unless configurations
are used I don't know where that Debug is supposed to come from. Do you
experience this only with the VS generator or with the nmake generator as
well?
Once I know where this comes from I have no problem of adding \${whatever}
to the paths.
Which reminds me: Configurations are something we should also add to the
build at some time ;)

It is definitely a configuration option.  I think CMake builds a single
configuration when building for Makefiles and multi-configuration when
building for Visual Studio.  CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE defines the configuration to
be built when configuring a single configuration project and
CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR specifies the actual configuration in use when building
the project.  In msbuild this is set via a `/p:Configuration=xxxx` switch,
in the VS IDE it's a drop down.

I've also noted that sometimes the linker has a malformed option on it:
'/LARGEADDRESSAWARE;setargv.obj'.

Fixed in revision 52574 by removing both options. None seems to make a
difference on my system.

LARGEADDRESSAWARE allows a 32 bit process to use 3GB of RAM on a 64 bit OS
that has sufficient RAM instead of the normal 2GB.  Very useful flag to set.