Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: fuzzing UDP/TCP dissectors with no port assignment

From: Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 11:02:24 -0400

I had a thought in this direction a while back. It was in the context
of randpkt, not fuzzing but I think the same principle applies:

https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201304/msg00109.html

Basically it should be pretty easy to script such that it forces
decoding for every protocol over TCP/UDP/etc on a given capture.

There is certainly a lot of code that fuzz-testing currently doesn't cover.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Anders Broman