Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: tshark/wireshark preferences files.

From: "Andre Steenveld" <andre.steenveld () gridclone com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 09:44:46 +0200

How can I control the use of preference files used by tshark to be
different from the ones used by WireShark?
Any suggestion is welcome.

You can create configuration profiles. One for Wireshark and one for
tshark (or you can have one of them use the default preferences).
The easiest way would be to use Wireshark to create the two profiles
and set the settings for each profile, then you can add the command-line
option "-C <profilename>" to use the profile (works both for Wireshark
and Tshark).

A late reply, due to a holiday but thanks Sake. I should have seen that
myself!

Kind regards,

Andre Steenveld.