Wireshark mailing list archives

query related to dissect_xxx function

From: Rahul Rohit <rahul.rohit () aricent com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 15:55:23 +0530

Hi,

The moment we enter dissect_xxx(tvb,pinfo,tree)
We put a check on the value of tree i.e.

If(tree)
{
  /* code for actual dissection
}

What does this check signify ?? somewhere it is written that it defines whether the user is looking for a detailed
dissection or not ,could any body please
throw light on this concept ?? How does tree gets any value and when ??

regards
Rahul Rohit