Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Git+gerrit status update - 2014-01-14

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 23:02:51 +0100

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 01:48:22PM -0500, Evan Huus wrote:
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:09:43AM -0800, Gerald Combs wrote:
I haven't found anything obvious in the server logs that would explain
the error, unfortunately.

Since you were able to add your SSH key, does

ssh your.username () code wireshark org:29418 gerrit --help

I had to use ssh jmayer () code wireshark org -p29418 gerrit --help
instead but yes, that works. So it seems that this may indeed be
some sort of client side problem.

work correctly? If so you might be able to bypass the web interface
entirely, at least until we fix the problem.

You can either use 'ssh code.wireshark.org gerrit' directly[1] or the
git-review[2] wrapper. Recent versions of Qt Creator support Gerrit
reviews as well.

[1] https://code.wireshark.org/review/Documentation/cmd-index.html
[2] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/git-review

I have installed git-review (it is a standard package with openSUSE).

Once I've finished cloning the repo (somehow it's not my day: git clone
is an atomic operation and I'm behind an unstable Wireless connection),
how do I proceed? Is there a wiki page that I can follow to set all
the required and recommented git variables to use the correct id, push
to the right place etc?

There's already a gitreview config file in the repo, so you should
just be able to run "git review -s" and it will set up everything
correctly for you.

I just did that, and received the following message during push:
jmayer@egg:~/work/wireshark/git/ui/qt(master)> git push
Counting objects: 37, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
Writing objects: 100% (5/5), 532 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 5 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (4/4)
remote: Branch refs/heads/master:
remote: You are not allowed to perform this operation.
remote: To push into this reference you need 'Push' rights.
remote: User: jmayer
remote: Please read the documentation and contact an administrator
remote: if you feel the configuration is incorrect
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
To ssh://jmayer () code wireshark org:29418/wireshark
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (prohibited by Gerrit)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://
jmayer () code wireshark org:29418/wireshark'

So I assume that this does not set up the correct push url? If the
assumption
is correct, is there a way to change the push url (or alternatively: are
there
reasons not to change it)?

I did not use git review myself, so I did not check whether it configures
everything correctly or not. But your push command for master branch should
be:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master

You can configure the default push path with the following command:
 git config --add remote.origin.push HEAD:refs/for/master
and then git push should work automatically

Pascal.