Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Update Windows Build Instructions

From: Stephen Fisher <sfisher () SDF ORG>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 15:18:24 -0700

On Fri, Jan 02, 2015 at 12:52:04PM -0800, Gerald Combs wrote:

We have PowerShell scripts that prep text files and assist with NSIS
packaging, both of which are specific to Windows. You must also have
PowerShell 2.0 or later installed if you want to install Chocolatey
packages.

Gotcha, thanks.

If you're running Vista *and* you have managed to make it this far
without installing PS 2.0 (lots of things seem to require it) then you
must now do so. If you're running Windows 7 or later you shouldn't
have to do anything. Windows 7 includes PS 2.0, Windows 8 includes PS
3.0, and 8.1 includes PS 4.0. I've uploaded a change which hopefully
clarifies this.

Aaah, I didn't know powershell was included in Windows now.