Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: WS runtime error

From: Peter Wu <peter () lekensteyn nl>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 17:09:42 +0100

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 11:24:28AM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:

On Mar 4, 2015, at 7:29 AM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de> wrote:

When starting Wireshark with a specific trace file (unfortunately confidential),
I get the following message on startup (git head):

/home/jmayer/work/wireshark/git/ui/qt/packet_list.cpp:537:13: runtime error: load of value 9, which is not a valid
value for type 'bool'

Does this provide enough information? If not, what should I do to track down
the cause of this?

Some Googling suggests that this is an error from ASAN.

If the line number is correct, perhaps the constructor for PacketList
needs to initialize the tail_at_end_ member.

I get this error already when starting wireshark without capture. The
error is not on that line, but in rows_inserted_ member which is in a
few lines above. Looking at the code there are more members missing.
I'll cook a patch for this.
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu