Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Latest build modifies files?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 16:34:47 -0800

On Mar 7, 2015, at 4:26 PM, Martin Kaiser <lists () kaiser cx> wrote:

Thus wrote Martin Kaiser (lists () kaiser cx):

I just pushed a change to create the .qm files for Qt's translated texts
from the corresponding .ts files. My change handles the autotools build.
I saw that the cmake build already support this.

Does anyone know if the Windows nmake build creates the .qm files?

Looking at the buildbot output from e.g.
http://buildbot.wireshark.org/petri-dish/builders/Windows%20x86%20Petri%20Dish/builds/1660/steps/nmake%20all/logs/stdio

it seems this is already working.

Great!

So let's remove the .qm files *now*, so that a build that regenerates them won't leave developers with a Git tree with
a bunch of bogus "Changes not staged for commit" for the .qm files.