Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Latest build modifies files?

From: Martin Kaiser <lists () kaiser cx>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 13:21:47 +0100

Thus wrote Guy Harris (guy () alum mit edu):

On Mar 7, 2015, at 4:26 PM, Martin Kaiser <lists () kaiser cx> wrote:

Thus wrote Martin Kaiser (lists () kaiser cx):

I just pushed a change to create the .qm files for Qt's translated texts
from the corresponding .ts files. My change handles the autotools build.
I saw that the cmake build already support this.

Does anyone know if the Windows nmake build creates the .qm files?

Looking at the buildbot output from e.g.
http://buildbot.wireshark.org/petri-dish/builders/Windows%20x86%20Petri%20Dish/builds/1660/steps/nmake%20all/logs/stdio

it seems this is already working.

Great!

So let's remove the .qm files *now*, so that a build that regenerates
them won't leave developers with a Git tree with a bunch of bogus
"Changes not staged for commit" for the .qm files.

I reverted my change.

cmake stops working when the .qm files are gone. It can apparently
update .qm from .ts but the .qm files have to be present or there'll be
dependency errors.