Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: RfD: How to handle libnghttp2 [Was: libnghttp2 checkin broken]

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 19:35:00 +0200

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de> wrote:

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 12:03:48PM +0200, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
While we are at the (sub-)topic of libnghttp: Now that the protocol is
finalized,
should we still import the source into our source or treat it like we
treat (most)
other external libs: Just check for its availability and use iot if
present?

Yes, the protocol is finalized but the lib is not available on all
distribution...
and specially on Windows and Mac OS X... (no packages available)

Well, that is likely to change at least at the Linux side. On OS X and
Windows
we do provide setup scripts for that kind of stuff already - and that way
we do
not need to care about maintaining the code in tree.

if you have some times, no problem...
A another (may be simple) solution, is writing a HPACK decode for
Wireshark... (it is the reason why i using nghttp2 lib)

Regards,

Ciao
      Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>