Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Removing ADNS

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 12:41:23 +0200

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 11:16:00AM -0800, Gerald Combs wrote:
Does anyone link Wireshark with GNU ADNS? If not I'd like to drop
support for it in master. The current version (1.5.0) switched licenses
from GPLv2+ to GPLv3+ and prior versions don't support IPv6.

IIRC c-ares has been the preferred lib for doing this for a long time now,
so I don't mind killing off adns completely.
Less #ifdef stuff in the source as well :-)

+1

Ciao
      Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>