Wireshark mailing list archives

Build just command line tools for AIX

From: Perry Smith <pedzsan () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 11:03:11 -0600

Hi,

Usually I jump off and try before I ask but I thought I would ask first.

I have a need to build the wireshark command line tools for AIX.  In this case, I am not interested in the GUI
interface.  I just need to be able to use tshark and editcap.  Can anyone give me some advice to make this easier?  I’m
very proficient at building open source projects for AIX.  Usually GUI stuff is super hard because of all the library
dependencies.  So I thought may be if I could just build the command line tools, it would be easier.  The target
environment is rather restricted — perhaps even “very” restricted — so limiting dependencies would be really nice.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Perry