Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Just watched Graham Bloice's session on disectors at Sharkfest '15 - great!

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 17:15:04 +0000

On 18 January 2016 at 22:28, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
wrote:

On 18 January 2016 at 19:43, <tony_gibbs () compuserve com> wrote:

Hi all,

I've just watched the video of Graham Bloice's session on writing
disectors, and I think it was great.

I have been wondering for a while about writing a disector, and wasn't
sure whether to dive in with a C language disector or not.
     - Although I can write C, I didn't have enough time in 2009 to write
it.

I am encouraged to have a go now though. I might start with one in WSGD.
     - When it is good enough then I could contribute it...

Thanks again for a great tool. :-)

You're welcome (for the presentation), I'm only a very small part of the
great team that produces Wireshark.

It was pointed out to me earlier that the associated materials for the
presentation, the dissector source files and the captures, weren't listed
on the SharkFest'15 Retrospective page.  This has now been corrected and
the zip containing the above items is available on the page using this URL:
https://sharkfest.wireshark.org/assets/presentations15/grahambloice.zip

--
Graham Bloice