Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Mac Build Error

From: David Morsberger <dave () morsberger com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 12:07:43 -0500

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 12:02 PM, Stig Bjørlykke <stig () bjorlykke org> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 3:48 PM, David Morsberger <dave () morsberger com>
wrote:

My current workaround is the following change to CMakeLists.txt :

-if(NOT CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID MATCHES "MSVC")
+if(NOT (CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID MATCHES "MSVC" OR XCODE))
     set(WIRESHARK_LD_FLAGS
             -Wl,--as-needed

This is more like fixing the symptom, right?
The real issue here is that CMake finds support for the flags while
building with Xcode does not.

Exactly. That's why I have not submitted the change and have a support
request out to cmake.