Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Mac Build Error

From: David Morsberger <dave () morsberger com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 14:09:26 -0500

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

On Jan 20, 2016, at 4:47 AM, David Morsberger <dave () morsberger com> wrote:

I am getting actual errors within Xcode after ‘cmake -G Xcode’. This can
easily be resolved by not testing ‘—as-needed’ or ‘—pie’ when XCODE just
like what is done for MSVC.

Testing --as-needed should fail with the OS X linker whether we're using
Xcode *or* Boring Old Makefiles, as it doesn't support --as-needed.

And we *do* test it.

I'll try to figure out why it's being included - either the test isn't
failing and we need to trick the clang into not just whining about it but
actually *failing*, or the test is failing with the Makefile generator but
not with the Xcode generator.

This is what I am also tracking down. It has to do with the way cmake is
instantiating the compiler. The --serialized-diagnostics option is what
appears to be hiding the error.

https://cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2016-January/062543.html