Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Can't build GTK only using CMake on Windows7

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 09:03:44 -0700

On 3/30/16 8:44 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:

There seems to be something wrong with the python installation in Cygwin.
To build the docbook stuff we use the Cygwin a2x utility that depends on
the Cywin python.  There's quite a bit of juggling that goes on here to
keep things straight.  I'm not sure what's happening here.

/usr/bin/python in Cygwin is a symbolic link, which is typically unusable
outside of Cygwin. On my system it's a text file that contains the string
"!<symlink>python2.7.exe".