Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Export ssl_starttls_ack for plugins

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 15:37:27 +0100

On 31 May 2016 at 15:14, Juan Pablo Mendoza <jpmendoza () awesomemail xyz>
wrote:

Hello,

I'm writing a dissector plugin for a in-house protocol. The protocol can
go either over plain text or negotiate TLS/SSL at the beginning. This is
the intended use case for ssl_starttls_ack. But I found out that I can't
use that function since its not exported for plugins (doesn't have
WS_DLL_PUBLIC).

I exported it myself in my own wireshark build and it works great, but
I'll be nice that others can use a standard wireshark build and just add my
plugin. Is there a reason for those functions (all of the
packet-ssl-utils.h) not to be exported? Or its just because nobody has
requested it so far?

The latter.  Submit a change it it will be merged.

--
Graham Bloice