Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Using Google Protobuf to Export Full Packet Dissection Data via Named Pipe

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:40:09 -0700

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Mark Landriscina <mlandri () verizon net> wrote:
Google indicates that Protocol Buffers is portable across MAC, Windows,
Linux though I've only used it in a Linux build env. My code is certainly
platform agnostic. The business case for using Protocol Buffers instead of
XML or JSON is performance wrt to data serialization and serialized data
parsing. This was my specific need but certainly might not be a general
need.

Just wanted to offer the code in the event that it'd be useful to others.
Not seeing much demand at the moment. Not a big deal.

Perhaps a more light-weight serialization like XDR would be appropriate ...

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe