Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Switch master and master-2.4 to Visual Studio 2015?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 23:19:13 +0100

On 7 June 2017 at 18:52, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com> wrote:

On 7 June 2017 at 18:45, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:

On 6/7/17 2:03 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:

On 7 June 2017 at 00:11, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org
<mailto:gerald () wireshark org>> wrote:

    We currently build all of our Windows packages using Visual Studio
    2013. Unless anyone has any objections I'd like to switch the master
    and master-2.4 builders to Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 ahead of the
2.4
    release.

No objections, although I was considering a jump straight to 2017 once I
work out how to get the Qt 5.9 build for 2017.

You should just be able to use the Maintenance Tool to install the
"msvc2017 64-bit" component for 64-bit builds, but there's no corresponding
component for 32-bit builds. The 5.9.0 Windows components are annoyingly
asymmetric:

  MinGW 5.3.0 32-bit
  msvc2015 32-bit
  msvc2013 64-bit
  msvc2015 64-bit
  msvc2017 64-bit

Ack.  I was looking for direct downloads as per the older versions.

If we were to jump to 2017 I suppose we could use the MinGW component on
the 32-bit builder. It might also be an excuse to start using vcpkg.

Other people don't seem to be too happy with the missing msvc2017 32-bit
component (particularly given that 5.9 is an LTS branch), so hopefully
they'll add one:

https://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/05/31/qt-5-9-released/#comment-1199794

Obviously I was not awake this morning when I replied to this email. Is it
wise to change compiler for 2.4 just before release?

--
Graham Bloice