Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Processing packet before exporting it.

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 12:28:02 -0800

On Nov 22, 2017, at 7:38 AM, Manik Khandelwal <manik123khandelwal () gmail com> wrote:

I want to process a dissected packet before exporting it as an hex file in wireshark but I am not able to find where
to start from.

Can someone help me out with this problem?

You would need to write a tap to do this; it would be a separate menu item to "export modified JPEGs" or whatever it is
you want to do, not a part of the standard export menu item in Wireshark, as there's nothing in the Wireshark
dissection code or packet exporting code to do this.