Wireshark mailing list archives

causes for losing COL_PROTOCOL or COL_INFO data

From: John Dill <John.Dill () greenfieldeng com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 21:09:33 +0000

I'm setting the column fields and they appear to be set fine when I first open Wireshark, but when I apply a packet
filter, I lose information from the fields even though it appears that I'm still calling the same col_* functions in
the dissection.  Then when I remove the filter expression, and the COL_INFO I set is still missing.  Is there a usual
cause for this behavior?  I can't seem to discover what's causing it.

Thanks,

John D.