Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: causes for losing COL_PROTOCOL or COL_INFO data

From: Michael Mann via Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 09:15:56 -0400

I would have blamed having logic under pinfo->fd->flags.visited, but since Wireshark does 2 passes (one with visited =
FALSE, other visited = TRUE), your columns should never be populated.  Subsequent dissection from changing display
filters will continue to have pinfo->fd->flags.visited = TRUE.
That's the only thing I can think of.

Is your protocol displayed otherwise in the packet tree?  Is there fragmentation (and possibly faulty logic for
reassembly)?