Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: RPM generation

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 15:14:44 +0200

Update on building the RPM on centos:

- asciidoctor pkg is called rubygem-asciidoctor.noarch
- ninja is called ninja-build both in pkg name (as in debian/ubuntu) and in
executable (differs from debian/ubuntu)
- the build script calls directly ninja, then the build fails. I've fixed
this by adding a symlink from ninja-build to ninja

Except from the manual actions above, the rpm build succeeded. I can try to
fix some of them, but there are some issues still pending I can't figure
out myself:

Is the rpm build platform expected to be one? If yes, which one? If no, do
we want to support all the flavors? It seems that different flavors require
different package names (link in asciidoctor). I can be hard to be portable
in this way.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Anders Broman <anders.broman () ericsson com>