Wireshark mailing list archives

Question for LUA dissection

From: Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 15:38:56 +0100

Hi

Just a short question.

I have a protocol, which transports information via TCP. Now we have a
segmented download via this protocol, which in turn is a TCP segmented
transfer.

I can desegment_tcp_pdus, and end up with a couple of messages with the
bigger blocks, which I now need to desegment further.

I am at a loss on how to do that, does anyone have an idea? In C I would
use taps and display the final files somewhere else (not in the packet
stream), but not really have an idea on how to do this in LUA.

Anyone got an Idea?

regards
Roland