Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark 3.0.0rc1 on macOS Mojave 10.14.3

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 21:05:29 +0100

On 24 Feb 2019, at 12:59, Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen () lurchi franken de> wrote:

On 24. Feb 2019, at 12:25, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl> wrote:

On 23 Feb 2019, at 11:33, Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen () lurchi franken de> wrote:

On 23. Feb 2019, at 10:32, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl> wrote:

On 16 Feb 2019, at 20:38, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:

We recently switched to a new macOS builder. libssh required a special workaround when building the application
bundle on the old builder, and it requires a slightly different workaround on the new builder. Fix inbound in
change 32059.

So, the @rpath issue was resolved, but there’s one more nugget in there, the “Illegal instruction: 4”.
Unfortunately that has not gone away for me with rc2. Crash report attached for those interested.
Can you try with:

https://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/osx/Wireshark%203.0.0rc2-1-ga885bbbd%20Intel%2064.dmg

This might not resolve the issue, but uses improved libraries.

Best regards
Michael

Hi Michael,

Tried it, unfortunately no difference on this matter for me. Still the same crash.
Also still wondering if anyone else reproduced this.
Hi Jaap,

there have been more fixes related to libraries...

Can you retest with:
https://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/osx/Wireshark%203.0.0rc2-4-g1e844f6d%20Intel%2064.dmg

The issues (versioning stuff) we wanted to fix by updating the libraries are now fixed.
So it might be worth a try.

Best regards
Michael

Hi Michael,