Wireshark mailing list archives

Time to update to Npcap 1.20

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 22:07:02 -0800

It looks as if it fixes some annoying bugs:

        https://github.com/nmap/npcap/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

so if we haven't already updated the Wireshark Windows builds to include the 1.20 installer, we should do so.

Anybody who's been having problems - especially if they're the ones noted:

        https://github.com/nmap/npcap/issues/122
                "npcap no longer working. Can't set [Wi-Fi] channel"

        https://github.com/nmap/npcap/issues/106
                "blocks vmware network stack after wakeup"

        https://github.com/nmap/npcap/issues/268
                "BSoD crash when upgrading to Npcap 0.9996 or later"

might want to consider updating to 1.20.