Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Time to update to Npcap 1.20

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 08:50:44 +0000

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 at 06:07, Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net> wrote:

It looks as if it fixes some annoying bugs:

        https://github.com/nmap/npcap/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

so if we haven't already updated the Wireshark Windows builds to include
the 1.20 installer, we should do so.

Anybody who's been having problems - especially if they're the ones noted:

        https://github.com/nmap/npcap/issues/122
                "npcap no longer working. Can't set [Wi-Fi] channel"

        https://github.com/nmap/npcap/issues/106
                "blocks vmware network stack after wakeup"

        https://github.com/nmap/npcap/issues/268
                "BSoD crash when upgrading to Npcap 0.9996 or later"

might want to consider updating to 1.20.

Just the usual caution with npcap updates, sometimes the fixes for bugs
have introduced even worse issues.  As we've just released maintenance
versions we do have a 6 week or so soak period.

--
Graham Bloice