Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Byte view mouse hover behaviour

From: Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:03:46 +0200

See https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/merge_requests/4178 for the
functionality change

Am Mo., 13. Sept. 2021 um 11:37 Uhr schrieb Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com>:

Looks to me that we actually have an inconsistency in behavior. If you
click on a byte, the underlying field gets selected in the byteview as well
as packetdetail pane and stays selected, until you click someplace else. If
you do the same the other way around, it does not work, as the selection is
not locked in in the byteview.

Bugfix inbound, and I don't think it needs to be configurable, as it
actually solves the underlying issue

cheers
Roland

Am Sa., 11. Sept. 2021 um 15:45 Uhr schrieb John Thacker <