Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Prohibiting Chat Software Activation on Client Machines

From: H Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: 9 Feb 2004 14:12:50 -0000

Sheldon,

I am loooking for an software that can control chat
software on client machine....

I guess by "control" what you really mean is restrict...

I got and windwos 2000 server install and
isa...server...and i want an software thatt i can
install on my server and then control the clien
machines i.e not allowing them to open any chat
softwares so that they can chat....

if any one has any software in mind ..pls could u
contirbute ur knowledge and is there anyway if u can
conrtol client pc thru polices in windows 2000
server...

pls let me know how can this be posible...

How about Group Policies?

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!