Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help Needed

From: "John Kingston" <JKINGSTON () arvest com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 16:24:50 -0600

From Windows 2000:

Usage: ping [-t] [-a] [-n count] [-l size] [-f] [-i TTL] [-v TOS]
            [-r count] [-s count] [[-j host-list] | [-k host-list]]
            [-w timeout] destination-list

    -t             Ping the specified host until stopped.
                   To see statistics and continue - type Control-Break;
                   To stop - type Control-C.
    -a             Resolve addresses to hostnames.
    -n count       Number of echo requests to send.
    -l size        Send buffer size.
    -f             Set Don't Fragment flag in packet.
    -i TTL         Time To Live.
    -v TOS         Type Of Service.
    -r count       Record route for count hops.
    -s count       Timestamp for count hops.
    -j host-list   Loose source route along host-list.
    -k host-list   Strict source route along host-list.
    -w timeout     Timeout in milliseconds to wait for each reply.

So:
ping -l 65000 IPADDRESS will ping that IPADDRESS with 65000 bytes of data.

"Junaid" <junaid () de21comp net> 03/05/04 09:52PM >>>
Hello,

Can somebody tell a the name of a tool that can be used to send ICMP packet
of size > 64K on windows. i have to crash a machine using ping of death as
my first assignment in Pen-Testing class. i am unable to do this using the
biult in ping utilities in windows and linux. i could not find any tool on
the internet as well.

Regards Jonny,

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential or privileged material.  Any review, distribution, or other unauthorized use of the information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this communication in error, please