Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security Certifications

From: "David Fore" <wdfore () d4consulting biz>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:14:33 -0600

 The SANS cert, via GIAC is going through an interesting change. I received
an email from them today indicating that they are dropping the practical
part of the exam. I always thought extra points for the exam and cert.
However, I also find that GIAC certs are not a widely known as Security+ and
CISSP. That was always baffling to me. My point is to look at the proposed
changes to the GIAC certs.

Regards,
David
713-557-3342