Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Server Losing Hard Disk Space

From: "Robertson, Seth (JSC-IM)" <Seth.Robertson-1 () nasa gov>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:10:30 -0600

You could download the free Mandiant First Response and collect several
file listing snapshots (on different days) for the entire drive, sort
the listings by size, and compare?  You execute the agent on your server
using the "fragent.exe -o" command and then load the output data into
the console, which you install on your workstation.

Or you could download the free Sysinternals filemon and use it to
monitor disk read/write access in real time?

Seth Robertson