Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: MS in information security

From: student () uncc edu
Date: 6 Feb 2006 14:57:14 -0000

I come from a unique perspective. I had a successful position within a large software company that paid well, allowed
me to grow, and had upward mobility (albeit on the technical track). I walked away from that position to finish my BSBA
and earn a MSIT. As I look back, I am glad I made the choice to walk away from a good job to finish my degree.

What you have to ask you self is why the degree is important to you. Do not go back simply to make more money becuase
you may not. If you are driven by learning new things and being able to dig deep to gain understanding, look for a
program that will give you that opportunity.

As to money, I personally think not having a degree will begin hurting people more in the future. The IT field is
professionalizing. With that you will have a breakdown between educated and non-educated employees. Which do you think
will be making more, have more responsibility, and find work in the lean times.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus