Security Basics mailing list archives

Remote desktop access policy

From: "WALI" <hkhasgiwale () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:33:18 +0400

Hi guys...do you have any remote desktop policy clauses that you can share?
I am having difficulties in trying to tell people the hazards of haphazardly asking IT guys the perils of asking access to their desktops when the come in via VPN.

Everyone wants to have a VPN client and then to a remote desktop session to their desktop.

How can I tell them the threats of doing so? Are there any threats? Should I restrict such usage? For one, it makes a lot of economic sense to switch off PC once a user leaves his/her desk for the day.