Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anti-Phishing with digital watermarking

From: "Razi Shaban" <razishaban () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 00:41:16 +0400

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Matt Flynn <mflynn () netvision com> wrote:
This only works if the Phishing site is passing through the content of the
original site (like some Man-In-The-Middle attacks).

True, but the majority of phishers simply copy the HTML code whole
from the original site, with very few modifications. I've seen
phishers who even leave comments in HTML code. Even those who modify
the HTML usually do not modify the .js files, if you put the
obfuscation in another .js that is used to run something or another, I
highly doubt any phishers will notice.

--
Razi Shaban