Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ICMP filtering?

From: xx247 () freenet carleton ca (G.J.W. Hagenaars)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 08:45:31 -0400 (EDT)

% >Is this true?  If so, I'd be interested to know how this is implemented
% >and also what software revision is required.  We use quite a few routers
% >here, some Cisco, some not.  I don't see how one could filter 'fake'
% >icmp destination unreachable messages without actually filtering all
% >real ones as well.
%
% I believe that a majority of the packets "nuking" connections out there are
% not perfect fakes; they are distinguishable from the real thing.

And how do you spot that which makes them distinguishable from the
real thing?