Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: UnixWare

From: spaf () cs purdue edu (Gene Spafford)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 11:00:07 -0500

I've had several people tell me that HP has gotten better recently.  I
would have mentioned them as good examples, except:

1) I have not seen them make any security patch announcements to any
of the established security-related newsgroups or mailing lists.

2) HP does not have a member or liason in FIRST, nor have they had
any presence at any of the incident response workshops.

3) I have read accounts of HP customers not being able to get security
patches because they aren't paying for maintenance.

#3 may no longer be true; in any event, I have no direct experience
with it so I can't say it was ever more than a misunderstanding.

--spaf