Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: AIX rlogind

From: kjj () pondscum phx mcd mot com (Kevin Johnson)
Date: Sun, 22 May 1994 08:02:05 -0700 (MST)

It seems that just about every system that has installed the "shadow"
password suite (the free version from John F. Haugh II. It was posted
on comp.sources.unix from memory.) is vulnerable with this.

Hmmm... I can't seem to reproduce it with Haugh's shadow passwd package.

The arg processing in lmain.c uses getopt.
Is it a bug in some implementations of getopt?  Or are you testing an
older version of the package than I have source code for (it appears to
be 3.3)?

--
#include <std_disclaimer>
"Frank Zappa is dead - the world is a duller shade of gray" - me