Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [8lgm]-Advisory-14.UNIX.SCO-prwarn.12-Nov-1994

From: RAS () CACDVAX CACD ROCKWELL COM (RAS () CACDVAX CACD ROCKWELL COM)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 16:51:38 -0600 (CST)

Stating the obvious here, but we seem to be in the experiment now.

Hmm, not exactly.  Experiments require controls and statistical bases,
not recollection of previous events.
[...]
I'm open to anything that shows that full disclosure helps more than
partial or no disclosure.  My personal hunch is that it doesn't, but I
won't claim that as fact.  I'm simply trying to point out that we all
need to understand this difference between opinion and fact.

Are there any well substantiated facts which show that full disclosure
harms the situation?  If there aren't any facts to prove or disprove
the effects of full disclosure, then isn't the decision to not provide
full disclosure based upon opinion?

Bob Schneider
Rockwell International

       Comments expressed are strictly my own and are not to
       be construed as statements endorsed by my employer.