Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [8lgm]-Advisory-14.UNIX.SCO-prwarn.12-Nov-1994

From: karl () bagpuss demon co uk (Karl Strickland)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 01:02:40 +0000 (GMT)

In chapter 17, Pat claimed:
What really pulled my chain especially about the 8lgm posts is the facts
for binmail, there was no mention of the numerous fixes using mail_local
- whether they were or were not vulnerable to the latest condition.
THAT is one aspect that made it especially worthless.  Many folks have

Quoting from [8lgm]-Advisory-15.UNIX.mail3.28-Nov-1994

        2. The current patch for binmail(1) is the most secure fix
        available from Sun, so is recommended for use.  If your system
        is using a port of BSDs mail.local, we recommend continuing the
        use of this.

Maybe next time you could try reading it before you post.  Mails telling
me to 'drop dead' serve no useful purpose either.
Mailed using ELM on FreeBSD               |                    Karl Strickland
PGP 2.3a Public Key Available.            | Internet: karl () bagpuss demon co uk