Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Wanted: hackers for tiger team

From: newline!steve () ucsd edu (Steve Edwards)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 10:07:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 9 Oct 1994, John P. Rouillard wrote:

One problem with tiger teams that I have difficulty getting through to
clients

On strategy that often works for testing tiger teams is to put traps
into active bugs. I was hired to do this to a few

This thread is interesting, but the one question that keeps coming up and
not being answered is how much? Certainly, the fee will vary with the size
of the network being examined, but how about some specifics!

Change the names of the innocents if you wish, but how about some numbers
i.e.:

        We [were] paid $v for w tigers for x days to examine a net of y
        hosts and z routers/firewalls.

Enquiring minds really do want to know.
Steve Edwards       Internet: steve () newline com      Voice: +1-619-723-2727
Newline               CompuServe: 73677,3561           Fax: +1-619-731-3000