Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Wanted: hackers for tiger team (new england area)

From: gj () canarie ca (G.J.W. Hagenaars)
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 1994 23:26:37 -0400 (EDT)

Apparently Andrew T. Robinson wrote:
%
% >All kidding aside, how much will a company pay to be broken into?  Has
% >anyone here hired a tiger team and did they find the investment worth it?
%
% To answer your questions, "lots", "they will soon", and "we'll see."

To answer the first part of the second question. I have put a TT
together consisting of four people. All experts in slightly different
fields, and they're _good_ at what they do. Besides that, they _like_
to do it too. :)

To answer the first question: companies that have some experience with
security are very interested in this. The problem is that if they are big
enough to pay the fees, they tend to go to other large companies to
seek "proper" advice. Proper in this respect means a company that has a
name/image to lose. They feel safer that way.

% Andy

G.J.W. Hagenaars             | Remembering Mike Carty 1968-1994
gert-jan () stack urc tue nl    | I'm Dutch, what's _your_ excuse?