Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Shadowed PW file under Linux

From: jfh () rpp386 cactus org (John F. Haugh II)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 95 9:01:03 CDT

On Thu, 6 Apr 1995, lenex wrote:

Hello All!

Could someone reccomend a good tool for shaddowing the PW file under Linux?
This will be my first time setting one up so If you have a Howto that would
also be  much appreciated.

Me too.. how about for OSF/1? or is there a good/recommended tool for
such?

Same deal.  Shadow frequently requires some tweaking to make it run under
different OS's, but with work the login, su and passwd commands =should=
be usable.  However, I thought that OSF/1 already had "shadowed" passwords
as it borrowed some of its security model from SecureWare.
--
John F. Haugh II  [ NRA-ILA ] [ Kill Barney ] !'s: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 251-2151 [GOP][DoF #17][PADI][ENTJ]   @'s: jfh () rpp386 cactus org