Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Jul 9 08:06:03 all inetd[122]: httpd/tcp server failing

From: bio () gabriel resudox net (BioH)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 08:43:40 -0400

On Sun, 9 Jul 1995, Dr. Frederick B. Cohen wrote:

        I was trying a loop test to stress performance on our secure W3
server and found that inetd under SunOS detects what it thinks to be
loops and shuts down all httpd services untill a kill -HUP is sent to
the inetd process.  How is this bug/feature controlled, and doesn't this
lead very directly to denial of services attacks?

Jul  9 08:06:03 all inetd[122]: httpd/tcp server failing (looping), service terminated

i might be mistaken but i believe patch 102416-01 is what you're looking for.

# mneugeba () napier uwaterloo ca # http://resudox.net/bio/mainpage.html #
# bio () gabriel resudox net      # bioh () dhp com                         #