Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: sniffers

From: mulligan () future incog com (mulligan () future incog com)
Date: Tue, 02 May 1995 08:08:45 -0600

on Solaris boxen, the network interface is accessed through
/dev/le. the le driver is dlpi compliant, which will allow you to
access certain information from it. it also creates a STREAMS stream,
so you can push handy things like bufmod pfmod onto it..

Unfortunately the dlpi interface does allow you to find out if the
interface is in promiscuous mode.

OOPS.  Following up on my own post.  I should have said that the DLPI
interface DOES NOT allow you to find out if the interface is in
promiscuous mode.  There is no DLPI information response that passes
this information.

        geoff